10 June 2007

Ceramic Knives



My dad sent me this ceramic-blade paring knife. When I called to thank him, he went on and on telling me how sharp it is and how I should be very careful to turn the vegetable and not the knife if I'm paring something. "Uh huh... okay..." I agreed. I didn't remind him about the time when I was fifteen and we were in Hawaii and he sliced open his hand cutting some sugarcane of all things, and I had to drive our rental car to an emergency room. I didn't have my license and didn't really know where I was going, and all because Mr Camping, Fishing and Safe Knife Handling Man was cutting toward himself rather than away-from.
Ha ha ha.
Anyhow, this mofo really is sharp. I sliced up a cucumber into paper-thin slices for fun, and it also cut through a hard raw sweet potato as if it were soft cheese. Sharp indeed; I'll be careful!

No comments: