26 June 2007

Grrrrrr!



I like Kenneth Jay Lane's enamel jewelry on a long goldtone chain, like the strawberry that comes in red, clear, black and coral colors, the pear, and my favorite, the apple.
I've long wanted one (I want the white apple one) but it always seems I want something else more, so I've not gotten one.

Imagine my HORROR when the most foul woman at my work showed up dressed in one of her spectacularly horrid outfits, yet wearing this Kenneth Jay Lane red strawberry necklace! She was also wearing some kind of sleeveless velveteen electric blue top she sewed herself. Sewing is cool and I admire people who know how... but her fashion sense is horrible, her clothes are horrible, she often cycles to work and stays in her cycling clothes all day (cropped black Spandex cycling pants with weird little triangle designs down the legs plus yellow cycling jacket, underneath which is worn a boxy olive colored tee shirt that says ALLOWED FULL USE OF LANE on the back). I'm only being so mean about her clothing because she also has money, and she also makes our work lives hellish. She trotted cheerfully up the stairs past me, and I swear I almost fell down the stairs from the shock of seeing her wearing a bizarrely out of place trendy item like this. They have them at the big Bloomingdale's downtown. I would not think this woman would go near a Bloomingdale's, ever.

What will she be rocking next?! I couldn't have been shocked had she shown up with a Mohawk hairstyle and Joe's Jeans and Louis Vuitton shoes.

No comments: