01 June 2008

The Price of Tea in China

So, gasoline is now around $4.27 a gallon in San Francisco. I know that Europeans pay a lot more for gasoline than US Americans do, and I know we've been getting gas at a low price for many years, but I'm still so glad and grateful that DD and I both work WALKING distance from home, and our car kind of can just sit in our carport most of the time. Sure, there's a dead, dessicated seagull blocking the forest path where I walk on my way to work, and it's not like I can go around, since the path is a foot wide and each side is WALLED with poison oak, but hey, walking to work makes me feel alert and cheery at work in the morning, not to mention it makes me hella smug.

I'm also seriously annoyed that gasoline prices are around $3.87 per gallon in Los Angeles. What the heck?


This article, which is a Q&A with an economist, explains the gas price thing succinctly, and even I could understand it easily, which is good because I'd generally rather be reading novels with pink covers.

No comments: