02 June 2008



In general, I try to use the word "totally" very judiciously. (It's difficult. I, like, grew up in Southern California during that time.) So, I save the T word for when I really mean it. That said, I am SO TOTALLY going to see the Murakami exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum next week!

It just so happened that I was in Los Angeles when the exhibit was at LA's Museum of Contemporary Art this past December (2007), so I got to see it there; however I didn't feel like I had as much time to look at everything as I would have liked. It will be so interesting to see some of the same pieces and how they look at the Brooklyn Museum; there were several HUGE sculptures; one of them ("Mr. Pointy") is 23 feet high. Someone told DD that there are only four museums in the world that can accomodate the @Murakami exhibit (we haven't confirmed the veracity of this yet), so I'm thrilled that I'll get to see it again!

@Murakami at the Brooklyn Museum, New York
Through July 13, 2008

No comments: