02 March 2008

I may never brush my teeth again



Maybe that's a little overly dramatic. I will brush my teeth again, but I am coming to the end of my last tube of Lush's White Toothpaste; an apparently discontinued item.

Because Lush Cosmetics has a cult following, and because they frequently roll out new items and discontinue other items, Lush devotees usually pass information about what's going to be discontinued in these chat forums on the Lush website. Fortunately, I also live in a city with two Lush stores, and the people who work there usually share information about discontinued items as well, so you can stock up on the stuff you like before it goes away.

I didn't read or hear anything about the toothpaste. They had a black one and a white one, both came in these small tubes, less than 1 ounce each, like your standard trial size toothpaste. At $6 each, they were pretty expensive, but I love the White Toothpaste because it tastes like vanilla and makes your teeth feel really squeaky clean. Some people say it also seemed to have a whitening effect (I'm not sure about that. I had my teeth professionally whitened with the Zoom! process so personally, it's hard to tell). It also didn't bubble up or lather up the way most toothpaste does, and you could drink orange juice or champagne right after brushing your teeth, unlike with mint toothpaste.

I had two tubes of this stuff at home when I went to Lush and noticed they had no more. Fighting panic, I asked the person working at the store if they were getting more. "I think so, " she said. Some investigation revealed that this item is actually discontinued! ACK! Had I known, I would have bought at least a dozen; that's how much I love this toothpaste!

I hear they have fancy flavored toothpaste in Japan; Japanese toothpaste is apparently what inspired Lush to make the White Toothpaste and Black Toothpaste in the first place. Despite having a cold, I will be heading over to Japan town today after dragging myself to the once-a-year Orchid Society show. I can't miss the orchid show; even if I had been put in a full body cast yesterday I would still be going to the orchid show today!

1 comment:

Heidi on Vashon said...

Lush rocks my world.