26 February 2008

Sakura Souffle Pens



I went to Wondercon 2008 this past weekend, and oddly enough, I ended up with very few comics-related items. Sakura pen company, maker of Gelly Roll pens, was there promoting their Souffle pens and some Sumo wrestling tournament they sponsor.

The Souffle pen looks like a pen but has special ink inside. It goes on wet but dries to a thick, pastel, opaque shiny raised finish. You can write on metal, glass, and plastic. They were giving out these packets of outline stickers, which is the easiest way to use the Souffle pens. You put down an outline sticker and fill in the outline with the ink. The sticker makes a little raised border to hold the ink, which is pretty runny at first, in place. Scrapbookers know all about this, apparently.

I had too much fun doodling and decorating my MAC lipstick cases! After I did a few, plus my iPod shuffle, I looked around the house for more stuff to decorate. DD tried to keep this decorating urge in check by pointing out to me that I have MANY lipsticks that have not yet been decorated.

These came out awesome, in my opinion! And it helps me know which is which. I really do have twenty or so lipsticks all in the same cases.

1 comment:

Brae Howard said...

major adorability.