31 October 2007

Jordan Crane




Happy Halloween! I like artist/comic book artist Jordan Crane's kind of scary, kind of sad, bittersweet images. They're melancholy, but cute, to use an over-used word. Oh, they're not just for Halloween, either. I just thought I would talk about them today. The green one is called "late night long walk high hopes" and the poison one is called "write note if swallowed".

These are from a postcard book of his. It's called Uptight All Night: 30 postcards. The colors are super saturated and the postcards are much more beautiful than what one would usually see in a postcard book. I like sending postcards through the mail often instead of notecard + envelope. I took on this habit after receiving a postcard in the mail from my calligraphy teacher. His writing is so beautiful that every letter and number just makes your eyes bug out of your head! It's show-offy, or somewhat exhibitionistic, to send a postcard instead of a note. In spite of that, or because of it, I like using postcards.

No comments: