21 October 2007

The Panty Fight



I was introduced to the concept of Nordstrom Rack by my friend Eileen, who till recently was also my co-worker. She would always come to work and say, "Like this top? $12 at Nordstrom Rack," or "I just bought a bunch of underwear... Nordstrom Rack..."

So the other day Eileen and I went to Nordstrom Rack. I had been there once before, I remembered upon entering the store, but it was such a traumatic experience that I must have blocked it out. Actually, Nordstrom Rack wasn't the bad experience... I had dropped a metal luggage cart thing full of sex toys on my foot and it literally cut off two of my toenails, and at the time I only wore high heeled shoes or high wedges. I had to buy a few pairs of shoes that were open toed, because I could not put any pressure whatsoever on the completely bare, sensitive nail-less toes, and also low-heeled, so a sympathetic pal had taken me to Nordstrom Rack, but I'd forgotten that it was Nordstrom Rack.

This time, I realized that there are remarkable deals at Nordstrom Rack, like a $1,000 Isabelle Fiore purse for $265, and Citizens of Humanity jeans for $78. The pain in the butt part is that you kind of have to dig around and rummage around and you might find something wonderful but they don't have your size, etc. But it's fun and you might find some great deals.

So then I went with my friend Ruth, who got into a panty fight with some woman. Apparently, the woman grabbed a pair of panties that Ruth would have bought almost right out of her hands. Ruth laughed about it. She wasn't too mad. That lady was lucky. Ruth has a black belt in kung fu!

The panties I like best are Cosabella's. They're really pretty and really comfortable. The plain solid colored ones are around $21 a pair, and some of the more lacy ones or ones with ribbons and other details are more like around $35 a pair. Sometimes you can get a great deal on them from Ebay sellers, like the solid ones, brand new with tags for like $10 or $12.(They don't let you sell used panties on Ebay, but they used to. Technically you weren't supposed to, but people would have ads that said things like, "unWORN, unUSED not DIRTY panties for sale..." But Ebay put a stop to that.) The other night I bid on and won a lacy pair for only $15.50 or something like that.

The next day I have this email from another person who was bidding, and the email says something like, "Sorry to bother you but I bought the matching bra and I was trying to win the matching panties and I was wondering if..." Never say that I am not a nice person, because I wrote to her told her that I can understand wanting a matching bra and panty set and yes, I will sell the item to her for the same amount I paid. I am not engaging in a panty fight! I'm a lover, not a fighter.

2 comments:

More Turkish Delight said...

You are going to heaven.

Brae Howard said...

oooh. nice. hilarious.

please write a book.

or start a magazine that only you write for. i'll subscribe.

remember me? i've got a new web presence as a photographer: www.braehoward.com
fun.

and the old blog has been relocated and renovated: www.braehoward.blogspot.com