23 September 2007

A Sucker is Born Every Day



Although I've grown out of See's Candy, as far as their chocolates go (they were always around at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and Halloween when I was growing up), I still love their square lollypops. My favorite ones are the butterscotch and cafe latte flavors, and the chocolate flavored one is pretty gross... like a Tootsie Roll... that type of weird artificial chocolate flavor. They used to have peanut butter, which was gritty and kind of weird, too.

Now comes this Pumpkin Spice flavor... I had to try it. It's kind of strange and waxy or plastic-y at first, but then it's okay. Overall it's like that vanilla pumpkin spice flavored product that they pump out of an enormous jug at Starbucks. One of my friends loves that stuff. All through the holidays she carries around an enormous Pumpkin Spice latte from Starbucks, although she only sips at it and never drinks more than a few inches of it. She found the one Starbucks in San Francisco that had still had Pumpkin Spice into February last year.

If you try See's square lollypops, definitely go for butterscotch or cafe latte. I think you could safely skip Pumpkin Spice and you'd not be missing anything.

No comments: