26 September 2007

Pink, Poodles, Paris



The moon is full tonight, and the weather is so mild it hardly seems like we're in San Francisco. It was a wonderful night to take a long walk, and good thing, because I would have been forced out of doors regardless of the weather and the moon's cooperation by my insane downstairs neighbor (that's always one of my common whiny refrains-- "insane downstairs neighbor"... the only thing I say more often is "insane boss") Anyhow my INSANE DOWNSTAIRS NEIGHBOR bought some tacky little paintings or photos or something like that, apparently from Ross Dress for Less, or perhaps Marshall's, and was hammering nails into the walls to hang them. At first I thought maybe she was building a piece of furniture from IKEA, in which case all the hammering would make sense. But then I went outside to escape and saw that she was hanging all these little 8" x 10" frames with ugly pictures in them in a row on her living room wall. It looks like she's decorating a dental office in 1989 in Rochester Hills, Michigan.

Don't ask why but this got me thinking about color and style and my current cell phone, the Sanyo Katana II in "Pink Fascination". I like the phone... I don't like a lot of bells and whistles and accidental connections to Mars for $10 a minute... just a nice basic but not clunky or outdated cell phone, and this phone fits my criteria.
Okay, I really do like the color of it, but the only other colors were black and gray. If there'd been red I might have gotten red... Sometimes pink is a little gaggy, like who would carry a pink cell phone except the silliest of the silly? It goes along with having a dog who weighs less than a coconut, and carrying said dog in a handbag...

2 comments:

Heidi on Vashon said...

I confess, I Heidi Witherspoon, carry a PINK RAZR phone. Yes I do.
There, I feel better now.

pink fluff and stuff said...

Oh, good! I feel better knowing you have a pink one too!