21 April 2007

The Supernatural blah de blah


My foundation has sunscreen in it, but I only apply it to certain parts of my face, and very lightly, usually. I'm not the most religious about sunscreen, although I always aim to be. I try different ones constantly, looking for something that has a light texture, doesn't smell like sunscreen, and doesn't make my skin feel like it's been been daubed with a beignet.

I kind of like Neutrogena "Dry Touch" sunblock--it's got the light texture and a matte finish, but it really, REALLY smells like sunscreen (a sweet-ish, bug-spray, deodorant tampon sort of fragrance). Plus Neutrogena is just so... drugstore.

One of my co-workers (well, technically an ex-coworker. She left to go to college) let me try her Murad oil-free tinted sunscreen , and I was pretty close to buying that the other day. I even had it in my hand. But a salesperson or beauty expert or associate or whatever they are called at Sephora showed me Philosophy's the supernatural tinted SPF. It's oddly peach-colored, but the peachiness disappears almost as soon as you apply the cream. I'm extremely wary of "one tint fits all" cosmetic products, but I have seen peach work better than white in several instances, most notably this Bliss cuticle cream that I think Bliss discontinued. It was peachy-brown and made dry white cuticles disappear.

The Philosophy stuff is very light and non-smelly, and the very subtle tint disappeared on both DD and me. I'm going to try to get into the habit of wearing it on my face, chest and backs of my hands every day. My mom was a middle-school PE teacher for many years (now she's a science teacher). She worked outside, and we lived in the desert. She looks great now, except for her leathery, prematurely-aged skin. I can't let this happen to me!

Read about the peach sunscreen stuff...

1 comment:

Heidi on Vashon said...

Damn the discontinued products! Love it when you share your finds.