08 April 2007

The Itoya Paperskater



My latest pen of choice is the Paperskater by Itoya. It's a rollerball-y type pen, with super quick-drying ink. The ink just flows out very smoothly, and the line is fine and crisp. Even my left-handed Dear Daniel uses them, with no smudging problems so far.
There are some people who enjoy a pencil cup that's filled with several of the exact same pens (or pencils), and I am one of them! For some reason this makes me happy and calm, and I feel that things are orderly and abundant when all the pens in my pencil cup are of the same type. When I worked at the front desk at my work, I used to try to keep the pen cup there filled with matching pens. Customers would use the pens to sign their invoices. But the pens would always disappear, and worse--much worse--my coworkers would deposit different, unmatching pens and pencils and Sharpies and paperclips and gum wrappers into the customer pencil cup all the time. It was never going to be the way I wanted it, so I had to force myself to give up. I still get a pang every time I see that pencil cup (usually either empty or with two or three decrepit, unmatched pens in it).

Home is a different story altogether! Home is where one can have a pencil cup with seven or ten of the exact same pens, all of which write, none of which have been infected with the latest flu virus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a fellow pen-whore (and left-handed to boot), I totally relate!