01 April 2007

Black Paper, Gel Ink




I have about a hundred different Gelly Roll by Sakura pens; the Gelly Roll Metallic and Gelly Roll Moonlight show up beautifully on dark paper. I really like Strathmore Artagain recycled black-fiber paper for doodling with these pens. I like Gelly Roll's amazing range of colors, but Sanford Uniball Gel Impact Metallic pens have a broad, 1.0 mm tip and lay down a consistent, heavy flow of silver or gold ink. DD mentioned to me that the art department at his workplace uses them for signing posters and photographs, and last year's holiday cards, which were done on dark brown paper. Apparently they come (or used to come) in a range of metallic colors, but I've only been able to find silver and gold widely available. If you need silver or gold ink for whatever reason, Sanford Uniball Gel Impact are the best.

No comments: