29 May 2007

The E is for Exotic...



The other day, DD and I embarked on a rather long drive (San Francisco to LA) and woefully, I realized I had left behind the CDs my friend Meagan had arranged and burned for me. That left the radio.

If you ain't got no money take yo'broke ass home
You say: If you ain't got no money take yo'broke ass home
G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S, yeah G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S


At some point, listening to Fergie spell out "glamorous" I realized that I was somewhat tense, waiting for each letter to be announced and praying the word would be spelled correctly. I conclude that a nine-letter word is not a good choice for spelling aloud in a song. It's too long. We lose interest after about five letters.
This song, "Glamorous", really lacks the punch of, say, The Village People spelling out “YMCA” or JJ Fad’s Supersonic (You see, the 'S' is for super, and the 'U' is for unique/The 'P' is for perfection and you know that we are freaks...)
Four-letter words aren't four-letter words for nothing!

I think Fergie's song should have been called "Glam". She could have just spelled out G-L-A-M!

No comments: