10 February 2009

Mom Jeans




My friend Katty recently got a pair of "Not Your Daughter's Jeans" brand jeans. She purchased them at Nordstrom. I'm a fan of Paige Premium Denim, and was explaining to her that Paige Premium Denim comes in "plus" sizes at Nordstrom, so she went over there, but instead of getting the Paige jeans, she got these Not Your Daughter's Jeans.
For one thing, they're about half as expensive. For another, they have some kind of "tummy tuck" technology built in, and thirdly, they have a 9 inch rise! Katty, whom I consider rather fashion-challenged (and she knows this about herself and she knows I agree with her), then went home, looked up the jeans online and realized they are indeed "mom jeans", and heavily marketed that way. (Above is some of Not Your Daughter's Jeans' imagery.) Duh! They're not called "Not Your Daughter's" for no reason.
She then freaked out and wrote me a hilarious email. There's no turning back, though... she's already having them hemmed.

I can't wait to see them, actually. I've never seen Katty in well-fitted, good-quality denim and I'm rather excited. I now also want to try on the Mom Jeans just for fun. At my height and with my proportions, the 9" rise will probably come up to my armpits.

No comments: