14 January 2008

Cougars and Daddies



There's more interest in mainstream popular culture lately about sugar daddies and "cougars"-- the term "sugar daddy" has been around forever, but is "cougar" a relatively new term? It's new to me! Playing with age and power has been around in the leather community forever, too, but it seems fairly recent that websites devoted to sugar daddy dating and cougars hunting dating have sprung up.

I only semi-jokingly told DD that if we weren't together I'd definitely be a cougar in a few years-- a woman who prefers younger sexual partners, usually at least ten years younger. Getting older is weird... personally, I always liked to date people older than me when I was in my twenties, because when you're twenty-three, someone forty-two is just so much more interesting, together, well-traveled, has read more books and has more good stories to tell than someone your own age... can help you choose your wine, knows the difference between cashmere and camel hair, and thinks you're just the most adorable, soft-skinned, funny fresh young thing they've ever laid eyes (and hands) on. Then, I liked that age and power dynamic. Now that I'm ALMOST mid-thirties, I think it'd be fun to be that person to someone younger. I think that makes me a cougar kitten now.

1 comment:

corey said...

you will be experimenting soon . . . if not already. cool