02 December 2008

70's Imagery - Tarina Tarantino Peace Love and Sparkle




Sometimes jewelry designer Tarina Tarantino uses licensed images, for example her "Pink Head" Hello Kitty, Kid Robot, Fiorucci and Barbie (and those are in descending order of how much I liked each). Her newest collection is "Peace, Love and Sparkle" (so awesome; I love the name of the collection so much I could cry!) and features a cartoon-y peace sign, and these lips and teeth with a blue rose, and these two guys, which the website calls "teletrippers". Although the images look familiar in their psychedlic, bright 70's way, I don't know if these are licensed images. I don't even know if they were common 70's images (as Britney Spears once said, when asked about the Beatles, "I'm sorry. I'm very young..."). I did a few searches, stringing some keywords together (tried "lips teeth blue rose 70's imagery Tarina Tarantino" in varius permutations, but came up empty.

No comments: